Conference Venue: 1 Victoria Street, London
Our venue this year is 1 Victoria Street, one of the UK government's main Westminster conference centres. We would like to thank the minister Ed Vaizey for making this venue available for our event.
The venue is sited at the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills at 1 Victoria Street, near Parliament Square. The postcode is SW1H 0ET.
- Underground: The centre is within walking distance of Victoria, St James' Park and Westminster tube stations.
- Bus: numbers 11, 24, 148, 211 stop right in front of the building.
- Rail: Victoria, Waterloo and Charing Cross stations are 10 to 20 minutes away by foot or by tube.
- Car: Parking is available at sites in Horseferry Road and Abingdon Street.
Disabled parking facilities can be arranged through the Event Organiser - please contact Dan on email@example.com. Guests will then be escorted to the Conference Centre.
There are automatic doors at the entrance; lifts are wheelchair accessible; and toilet facilities located near the meeting rooms are wheelchair accessible and equipped with emergency alarm.
Guide dogs are welcome at the Centre.
Fixed Sennheiser infrared hearing systems are installed in the venue's main rooms.
They work by picking up an audio signal form a microphone, and transmitting this via infrared to a receiver headset.
There are 2 types of headsets:
- Neckloop: for use by hearing aid users (with hearing aid switched to the T setting)
- Stethoset: for use by people who do not wear a hearing aid.
The receiver headsets are battery powered and have a thumbwheel volume control to allow each person to set their own listening level.
A counter induction loop system is installed at the front reception desk and provides hearing assistance for our visitors who are hearing aid users when they switch their hearing aid to the T setting.
A range of other different types of portable hearing equipment is available free of charge - please let us know what you need.